Monday, December 22, 2008

Merry Christmas

Christmas is one of those strange holiday times. For many people it is a joyous occasion, a time to be with loved ones and to reflect and rejoice while for many other people it is a lonely, depressing time. For those of us who are close to our family and have friends to spend time with, it can be a wonderful time of year. We get to see people we haven’t seen in a while and share some special moments with those close to us. For some people, seeing family is not an option either because they have no family, or cannot afford to see them, or they may be in a financial crisis that certainly limits their joy with the season. In these times of financial concern throughout this country and the world, this Christmas is probably going to be one that is more somber for most people. Please be kind and respectful to everyone, no matter whom it is and let’s try to make everyone’s Christmas a little bit brighter.



I am one of the lucky ones. I live in New Orleans and will be flying home to Spokane on December 24 to spend Christmas with my mother and a few friends that I have not seen in quite some time. Being able to spend four days with family and friends is something I haven’t been able to do a lot of in a while. I’m looking forward to being home and I know the little kid in me will come out once I’m there. I’ll grow back up when I return.

Christmas in Second Life® is a little different than real life. Actually it’s probably a little more sincere. While we can do the same kinds of things like give gifts and attend get togethers, Second Life® is more about the relationships you have built over time. I won't get in to why we all come here, there are a variety of reasons, but for the most part we come to escape something or to fill a void. The people we meet, become friends with and respect aid us in satisfying that void.

My friends list has certainly grown over the two years I’ve been in Second Life®. I’ve tried to be the best friend I can be as I know everyone one else has been to me. While I won’t mention everyone’s name here, a few of the closest people need to be mentioned.

First and foremost are the wonderful people who work with me at Lavender Corporation and Gia’s Fashion Cabaret. Without them, my second life would have been much more difficult and certainly more frustrating. They all started as employees but became good friends and I cherish their friendship.

Merry Christmas Tracy Serra, Mutley Latte, JulieAnne Rau, Sarah Irling and Jensen Belfire. You are the greatest.

To my very good friend and confident from the outset, Merry Christmas Erinn Jefferson.

Merry Christmas Trella McMahon, for being by my side and holding me up when I felt like I would fall.

Merry Christmas to my very good friends Kamala Hesse and Satir DeCuir.

Merry Christmas Jojo Cusack and Tsuanami Rickenbacker for helping me along the not so paved road.

Merry Christmas to the musicians of Second Life for keeping music (A)Live and to their managers for sending them out for this virtual world to enjoy.

Merry Christmas to everyone who has shopped in my stores, attended Gia’s Fashion Cabaret, visited the Hall of Fame or just ventured onto Lavender Isle. I appreciate you.

Merry Christmas to all of Second Life® for providing me and so many others with a world we can call our own and feel so much a part of.

And yes, Merry Christmas to the Lindens.

See You After Christmas
Jenny



No comments:

Post a Comment